We’re excited to announce the supply of improved AWS Effectively-Architected Framework content material. On this replace, we have now made adjustments throughout all six pillars of the framework: Operational Excellence, Safety, Reliability, Efficiency Effectivity, Price Optimization, and Sustainability.
A short historical past
The Effectively-Architected Framework is a group of finest practices that permit prospects to guage and enhance the design, implementation, and operations of their workloads and organizations within the cloud.
In 2012, the primary model of the framework was printed, resulting in the 2015 launch of the steering whitepaper. We added the operational excellence pillar in 2016. The pillar-specific whitepapers and AWS Effectively-Architected Lenses had been launched in 2017, and, the next 12 months, the AWS Effectively-Architected Instrument was launched. In 2020, the content material for the framework acquired a main replace, extra lenses, and API integration with the Effectively-Architected Instrument. The sixth pillar, sustainability, was added in late 2021.
Updates to the Effectively-Architected content material embody:
- For every of the six pillars, content material was consolidated between the Effectively-Architected Framework whitepapers and the finest apply descriptions. The up to date content material is now obtainable each within the pillars’ whitepapers and within the Framework whitepaper.
- For all six pillars, devoted pages for every finest apply had been created, with choices to obtain suggestions.
- All finest practices throughout all pillars now comply with a constant template. The template consists of (as relevant):
- Data on frequent anti-patterns
- Danger ranges
- Implementation steering
- Associated assets (equivalent to paperwork and movies)
- Prescriptive steering was added to 18 finest practices inside the Reliability, Efficiency Effectivity, and Operational Excellence pillars, which help with remediation of high-risk points recognized as a part of Effectively-Architected Framework evaluations. The most effective practices that had been up to date are:
- Efficiency Effectivity
- Operational Excellence
- The Framework is now obtainable in 11 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Indonesian, Brazilian Portuguese, Simplified Chinese language, and Conventional Chinese language.
Be taught, measure, enhance, and iterate
Finest practices embody often reviewing your workloads—even people who haven’t had main adjustments. We encourage you to evaluate your current workloads as your structure evolves or enterprise wants change, and create milestones in your workloads as they develop. Use the Effectively-Architected Framework to information your design and structure of latest workloads, or of workloads that you’re planning on shifting to the cloud.
Taking finest practices under consideration early in your course of can yield excessive success charges. In efficient organizations, every finest apply is taken into account and prioritized with respect to the aim they’re attempting to attain.
AWS Effectively-Architected helps cloud architects construct safe, high-performing, resilient, and environment friendly infrastructure for quite a lot of functions and workloads. The Framework is constructed round six pillars—operational excellence, safety, reliability, efficiency effectivity, value optimization, and sustainability.